We are in a state of constant flux this year! We are still planning to start school on time and keep things as normal as possible during these abnormal times. Here are some updates:
Loosening of Mask Requirement - On 7/30/2020 the Governor revised the student mask requirement. All students, regardless of age, are still required to wear masks while riding school transportation. All students in grades 3-12 are required to wear masks in the building. More freedom has been granted in the following ways.
Students do not have to wear a mask:
- While eating and/or drinking
- In instructional settings where 6 feet of social distancing can be maintained
- New: In instructional settings where at least 3 feet of social distancing can be maintained and students are all facing the same direction (during some classroom instruction and seatwork, students can remove their masks according to these guidelines)
- While at recess when social distancing can be maintained
- When engaged in strenuous physical activity
We know there will be a learning curve with masks. Educationally we now have more flexibility to allow students to take masks off and on as needed to ease into this temporary reality.
Water Bottles - Based on CDC guidelines, drinking fountains are turned off. We will have water bottle filling stations. Students should bring refillable water bottles to stay hydrated.